Saint Agnes Blogger Campaign
Services: Public relations
Understanding that 1 in 8 women will develop invasive cancer over the course of her lifetime, but only 65% of women in Maryland age 40+ are getting mammograms, Saint Agnes tasked Vitamin with creating a plan that would help spark conversation and make breast heath a priority.
Vitamin developed an award-winning digital PR campaign called “One Journey, Many Paths.” The goal of the campaign was to build brand / reputation for the hospital’s Comprehensive Breast Center and make breast health a priority. Vitamin’s integrated campaign strategy included traditional media relations, blogger relations and social media. Vitamin interviewed doctors and patients to develop an extensive media plan with a variety of story ideas to pique the media’s interest. Vitamin also mobilized well-known parenting, lifestyle and health/wellness bloggers to share the campaign content, raise awareness of the Breast Center and encourage women to take control of their breast health.
“When Vitamin approached us with the idea to incorporate blogger relations into this campaign, we were excited to strategize with them as this was new territory for the hospital. It was a great partnership and together we created a solid strategic vision and executional plan – and it paid off. Having trusted moms, health and wellness enthusiasts, and women over 40 sharing the hospital’s messaging was a unique way to make a connection with our patient population and it significantly drove results for our program.”
– Kirstan Cecil, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer
In order to generate additional buzz and awareness, Vitamin developed a social media strategy inclusive of organic and paid promotion, to drive views on the campaign video and increase engagement online.
- Vitamin secured media coverage for Saint Agnes in 8 media outlets.
- Vitamin earned coverage on 18 blogs, collectively generating more than 536,000 unique visits.
- With Vitamin’s social media strategy and execution, Saint Agnes’ campaign video earned nearly 12,000 views.
- The hospital received 275 shares on Facebook and saw a 22% increase in Facebook “likes” and a 61% increase in Twitter followers.
- Vitamin won the “Best in Maryland” award from PRSA Maryland for the blogger portion of this campaign.
- Vitamin was named a finalist in PR News’ Social Media Icon Awards for this campaign.