Ellin & Tucker Advertorials
Services: Media Buying / Advertising
Ellin & Tucker wanted to increase its reputation as an industry leader in the Baltimore business community, and position its experts as thought leaders in five of the key industries the firm serves: construction, nonprofit, manufacturing, government contracting and technology.
Vitamin worked with the Baltimore Business Journal (BBJ) and the Economic Alliance of Greater Baltimore (EAGB) to create a seven-part, two-page advertorial in the BBJ that ran throughout 2015. Each advertorial focused on a different industry that Ellin & Tucker serves, included a brief article from one of Ellin & Tucker’s experts about trends in the industry, provided corresponding quantifiable and visually engaging data for the industry (supplied by EAGB) and included a ¼-page ad about the firm’s services and relevant expertise. Taking a different angle on raising brand awareness for Ellin & Tucker, the message of each advertorial was not focused on the services the firm provides, but rather informative data and comments on trends for each of the firm’s target industries. The appropriate expert at Ellin & Tucker had his or her photo featured in the advertorial and received the byline for the article – effectively positioning each expert as a thought leader in his or her chosen industry. Additionally, the media placement featured stickers to tease readers and create hype for the advertorial series in each issue of the BBJ leading up to the launch of the advertorial series.
- The advertorial spread was the first of its kind in the Baltimore Business Journal and generated significant word-of-mouth among the Baltimore business community.
- Ellin & Tucker reached its goal of building up its reputation in the Baltimore business community.
- Reaching over 26,500 readers weekly, the series of advertorials elevated the profile of the firm in Baltimore City and beyond.
- Each of the Ellin & Tucker experts featured in the series mentioned that the exposure began new business conversations with their clients, and they have been able to continually use the spreads in new business scenarios with prospective clients.
- Throughout the year that the campaign ran, Ellin & Tucker’s professionals and managing director received regular, positive comments via email, phone and in-person from business associates and referral sources about the ad spreads.
- The campaign was so impactful that it won a PRSA Best in Maryland Award of Excellence and Ellin & Tucker and Vitamin rebooted the campaign in 2017.