Vitamin is Hiring a PR Account Executive!
We’re looking for an outstanding PR Account Executive (AE) to support our existing and growing roster of PR accounts. In this new position, the PR AE will collaborate directly with Vitamin’s Director of Communications on the development, initiation, and management of integrated communications programs to support a variety of businesses and industries. The PR AE will also assist in a range of duties, including the creation and dissemination of press releases, maintaining and building media lists, media relations efforts, content writing, social media content creation, client communications, deadline management, and media coverage reporting.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in PR and communications, with experience developing campaigns, as well as conducting media outreach and coordination on behalf of clients.
But most importantly, Vitamin is looking for big thinkers who can bring fresh ideas and a true team-focused attitude. If you love PR and thrive under pressure while also demonstrating laser-focused attention to detail and a passion for precision, we want to hear from you!
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the development, implementation, and management of PR strategies that are often part of our clients’ multi-channel marketing communications initiatives or as stand-alone PR programs.
- Create strategic press messaging that resonates with our clients’ expectations and target audiences.
- Execute day-to-day media relations (primarily with regional B2B and B2C media, trade media, and select national media), editorial opportunity schedule creation and implementation, press release development and dissemination, and reporting on key performance indicators.
- Work with Vitamin’s Director of Communications on the development and drafting of bylined article writing programs, including some technical writing and heavy editing.
- Track client media coverage and record success of earned media while maintaining coverage reports for clients.
- Maintain and update media lists for a wide range of new and existing clients.
- Think critically and be openly accountable by applying your critical thinking and initiative.
- 2-5 years of PR experience, whether in an agency or corporate setting.
- Excellent writing skills with a proven history of press release creation.
- Demonstrated history working with the press, especially in the DMV.
- Motivation, poise, strong people skills.
- Experience working directly with C-suite and/or client leadership.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Ability to articulate thoughts professionally and respectfully with coworkers and clients.
- Extensive experience using Google Suite and Microsoft Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, or English.
- Specific industry experience in media relations for accounting, nonprofit, human services, commercial real estate, construction, or engineering.
- Experience using newswire services.
- Ability to write for social media in a way that truly engages audiences.
- Examples of editorial op-ed content on behalf of clients.
When we invite you to join the Vitamin team, you’re valued here. So, we offer competitive compensation for the time and talent you devote to making yourself and Vitamin even better. And, our benefits are impressive, too. They include:
- Three weeks PTO to start
- Week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Generous UTO
- Your birthday off (PTO)
- Summer Fridays with reduced hours
- Hybrid work from home/office schedule
- Cash bonuses
- Full medical, dental, and vision with HSA option
- 401(k), matched by Vitamin
- Convenient, employer-contributed parking
- Team building events
- And more!
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and press release writing samples (and up to three additional writing samples of your choosing) to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “PR Account Executive: [Your Name]”.
** No phone calls, freelancers or recruiters, please. **