The Inside Scoop on Black Friday
Photo courtesy of CentriKid
Preparing to do your holiday shopping on Black Friday? Here are 5 things you need to know:
- Black Friday has seeped into Thursday. That’s right, an increasing number of stores will be open with holiday sales on Thanksgiving Day. So if you can steal away from your turkey dinners for a moment, consider hitting the stores the day before the official madness. But before you go, make sure you’re up to speed on the store hours!
- Research is key. The most successful Black Friday shoppers know what they want and where to get it a couple of weeks prior to the actual day. Check out these tips from USA Today.
- Don’t count out your local small businesses for fear that they don’t accept credit cards. With processing apps like Square (created by Twitter co-founder, Jack Dorsey) and PayAnywhere gaining popularity, more small businesses are able to accept credit cards at their stores. So don’t forget to shop small this holiday season!
- Black Friday is going to be a gold mine for gadget geeks. Word on the street is that 3D TV you’ve always coveted is going to be cheaper than in years’ past, certain tablets will be super affordable and stores like Best Buy and Staples are going head-to-head with Amazon on pricing.
- Don’t forget about Cyber Monday – the online shopping bonanza on December 2! Want to limit the amount of Black Friday hoopla you have to endure? You can also get hot holiday deals online in the comfort of your home at the click of a button. Last year, Cyber Monday sales surpassed Black Friday sales and IBM reported one million e-commerce transactions. So make sure you’re a quick clicker – popular items will probably sell fast!
Have you already started prepping for Black Friday?