Life is too short to design for the status quo. It’s go time! Now is the time to make that move to an agency position that empowers you to own your creative and see it through to fruition. Vitamin is actively interviewing for a Senior Designer to join our growing team. We’re looking for someone who’s savvy, loves to create and relishes the next challenge. At Vitamin, we pride ourselves on the aesthetic value we bring to our clients and the delicate balance where form meets function. Our designs are equal parts memorable and effective. We empower our designers to leverage their complete talent sets by bringing a process that results in strong creative and swift client approvals. You will be a collaborative part of our team and will be involved in kick-off meetings and design presentations. You will have the opportunity to discuss and demonstrate the designs you’ve created (along with the support of a Creative Director, Art Director(s) and/or project manager.) We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and a unique client roster that spans a variety of industries to keep things fresh and challenging. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years experience in an agency or in-house setting.
- Conceptualize, execute and manage creative work that separates our clients from their competition
- Ensure visual brand consistency that is congruent with each client’s unique messaging
- Work as a part of a team and independently to create high quality client deliverables
- Specific design assignments will include: web interfaces, brand and identity packages, sales collateral, advertising, full-scale campaigns, social media content, and more
- Extensive knowledge of the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Sketch
- Passion for composition, hierarchy, and visual storytelling through design
- Understanding and appreciation for typography
- Experience with both print and interactive design
- 3+ years professional experience
- 4-year degree
- Passion to learn and succeed; ability to take well to constructive criticism
- Motivation to work individually and as a team in a fast-paced, client-centric business environment
- Attention to detail along with the ability to self manage and follow directions
- Prior agency experience
- Experience designing for HubSpot, Marketo, other Marketing Automation platforms
- Experience with eCommerce platforms such as WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Shopify, Magento
- Experience with Principle
- Familiarity with WordPress, HTML, CSS
- Photography, retouching, and video editing experience
- Ability to draw or illustrate
- Ability to write creatively
We all work to make money. And when you join the Vitamin team, you will be compensated well in exchange for the time and talent you are devoting to your career and to our success, as an agency. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, inclusive of medical, dental and vision; 401(k) with employer match; 3-week vacation to start with escalation; Summer Fridays, Takeout Tuesday; Mental Health Days, and much more beyond those “standard” employment benefits. Some of the perks our team appreciates the most, and gets super excited about include:
- Location: the opportunity to work in an exciting location, in office space that is warm, inviting, and inspiring. Our office is positioned just one short block from the Creative Alliance, which is buzzing weekly with new art exhibitions, dance and music performances, movie showings, poetry readings, educational programs and other events that will keep any creative person’s heart content.
- Work Environment: Most days, we’ve got the music pumping. And while we work hard, we also realize taking breathers throughout the day is not only necessary, but also gives us the chance to build personal relationships with those we work with side-by side. Plus, we know these little breathers ultimately make us more productive.
- Parking: It’s plentiful, and it’s free.
- Daily Style: We believe comfort is key and encourage you to dress in a way that is polished and professional for meetings, and work-appropriate the rest of the time.
- Coffee is Key: We know it, and you know it. If you’re a coffee aficionado like many of us, you’ll quickly join the daily grind at our QuickMill Anita espresso machine.
- Lunchtime Options: We’re a quick hop, skip, or jump away from some pretty cool and eclectic hot spots, from Canton Square and Patterson Park to local favorites like Atwater’s, DiPasquale’s, Matthew’s Pizza, and Snake Hill Tavern. We love food!
- Bragging Rights: We crank out award-winning work. And at the end of the day, when your name is on it, you can say you were part of making it all happen.
Wondering what Vitamin is all about? We are a Baltimore-based agency, delivering deeply branded integrated marketing-communications solutions for clients who need and want to bring their unique differences to life digitally and beyond. Growing and evolving each and every day for more than 15 years, we manage only the best, most collaborative and high-performing client-agency relationships. We develop and deliver strategies, campaigns and programs that aren’t just out of the box; they’re nowhere near the box. They lead to trackable, measurable results that make us, as well as the clients we serve, extremely proud. That said, when the time comes for us to recruit new talent to join our tight-knit team, we are looking for the best of the best. It’s what we want and absolutely need, and it’s what our clients demand.
Sound good? Let’s chat. But not by phone please—submit your resume, online portfolio (PDF and/or URL) and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Senior Designer. No recruiters or freelancers, please.