Assistant Account Executive
We’ve recently taken on several new projects and accounts, so we’re looking for an Assistant Account Executive who can get up to speed quickly—but it needs to be the right fit. If you’re looking for the chance to flex your professional muscles, take on new responsibilities, and you’re eager for work in a fantastic environment with people who make you laugh, let’s talk!
We’re looking for strong writers who can communicate clearly, absorb direction and suggestions, and come back with stronger, better content each time. Excellent organizational skills are key to success in this role, supporting the Senior Account Manger and Director of Communications, while keeping clients informed of current projects. You should be great at your job but not a lone wolf who works in a bubble: we’re a team—rock-solid, tight-knit and outgoing. We work and brainstorm together because the best ideas can come from collaboration. We also know what we’re responsible for individually and we get it done.
- Handle day-to-day client work: understand client businesses and industries, maintain strong working relationships with clients, attend client meetings, maintain client tasks and deadlines
- Deliver excellent communications: research, draft/edit/proof press releases, marketing materials, social content, status reports, etc.
- Keep us organized: maintain media lists, coordinate meetings, track media placements, monitor project schedules, assist senior staff with plan executions, and (lots) more
- Grow our presence: contribute to our blog, maintain our social media properties, help spearhead our team collaboration events
- Think critically: contribute and apply your critical thinking and initiative in everything you do
- Learn: keep growing by asking questions listening and volunteering for new challenges, including gaining a strong understanding of integrated and digital marketing.
- Prior agency experience
- 1–3 years experience minimum
- Bachelor’s in PR, mass communications, journalism, English, psychology or related field
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Superb writing skills
- Understanding of all major social media platforms
- Motivation, poise, strong people skills
- Ability to articulate thoughts professionally and respectfully
- Deep knowledge of Word, Excel and Mail; Mac savvy a plus
- Desire to learn and gain new insights
Experience in commercial real estate, accounting, banking, healthcare/health products, non-profit, manufacturing.
We’re Vitamin®, the Cure for the Common Brand®. As the mid-Atlantic’s first fully integrated marketing-communications agency, we’ve made a name for ourselves by providing clients with high-quality, process-driven deliverables and unparalleled client service and expectation management. We’ve got a diverse list of regional and national clients, including Arnold Packaging, Baltimore Water Taxi, Continental Realty Corp., Ellin & Tucker, KLNB, Old Line Bank, Sagamore Creative, Experience in commercial real estate, accounting, banking, healthcare/health products, non-profit, manufacturing.RMF Engineering, Saint Agnes Hospital and more. We’re also a certified MBE/DBE.
Location: A fully renovated, three-level row-home-style studio in one of Baltimore’s largest arts districts. Our neighborhood buzzes with gallery openings, movies, dances and music galore.
Parking: Free, and lots of it.
Dress: Polished for client meetings, casual yet professional the rest of the time.
Music: Pumped throughout the space—login to Spotify from your phone and you’ve got the power.
Coffee: Yes, please. Espresso machine on-site.
Besides throwing axes with some pretty attractive people, we’re getting buzz for the work we do—which means you’ll have bragging rights too. We’re also small enough that our collaboration can make a big impact on your future. You’ll be accomplishing award-winning work with people who will help you plot your career growth and reach your milestones.
But wait, there’s more: from full medical benefits to Take-Out Tuesdays to Summer Fridays, we treat exceptional people exceptionally well. This means you.
Sound good? Let’s chat. But not by phone please—submit your resume, writing samples and salary requirements to email@example.com with the subject line: Assistant Account Executive.