Vitamin® is hiring a Media Relations Manager!
Hey there! Ready for the next step in your agency career? If you’re a media relations professional with a well-honed skillset in writing and pitching and who has an impressive list of regional media contacts in the mid-Atlantic region (and trade media too), we want to hear from you!
Our Media Relations Manager will have exceptional written and verbal communications skills. If you’re applying for this position, you should be great at your job but not pretentious: we’re a team—rock-solid, tight-knit, and outgoing. We collaborate and brainstorm together because the best ideas can come from the least-likely places. We also know what we’re responsible for individually and we get it done.
- Develop, implement, and oversee PR strategies that are often part of our clients’ multi-channel marketing communications initiatives. This requires great integration and collaboration with team members across our Account Services, Creative Services, and Executive teams.
- Create strategic press messaging that resonates with our clients’ expectations and target audiences.
- Leverage an aggressive yet highly professional and smart approach to securing press exposure.
- Comfortable interviewing subject matter experts and ghostwriting bylined articles
- Proactively research and propose new strategic PR initiatives and opportunities that elevate client profiles, reputation, and brand awareness.
- Oversee and execute: day-to-day media relations, editorial opportunity schedule creation and implementation, bylined article writing programs, press release development and dissemination, and reporting on key performance indicators.
- Maintain media lists with the support and collaboration of our media relations team.
- Maintain strong working relationships with clients, always managing their expectations and thoroughly understanding their needs in order to achieve their goals.
- Learn and progress by growing through smart question asking, listening, and volunteering for new challenges.
- Think critically and be openly accountable by applying your critical thinking and initiative in everything you do.
- Always learn from failures.
- Manage up, down and across the agency, always keeping team members in the know about client activity and with particular thoughtfulness to closing the loop on all communications.
- Prior agency experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in media relations
- Excellent writing skills
- Motivation, poise, strong people skills
- Proven experience in media relations and supporting PR accounts
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to articulate thoughts professionally and respectfully
- Specific industry experience in media relations for accounting, healthcare, human services, commercial real estate, non-profit, or engineering clients.
- Ability to write for social media in a way that truly engages audiences.
- Experience in influencer relations.
We all work to make money. And when you join the Vitamin team, you will be compensated well in exchange for the time and talent you are devoting to your career and to our success, as an agency. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, inclusive of:
- Generous PTO and UTO program
- Week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Summer Fridays with reduced hours
- Flex schedule
- Full medical, dental, and vision with HSA option
- 401(k) with match
- Live Near Your Work incentive
- Random acts of gratitude
- Team building events
- And more!
Sounds like a fit? Great! Submit your resume, writing samples, and salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “Media Relations Manager: [Your Name]”.
** No phone calls, freelancers or recruiters, please. **