Hey there! Ready to level up your agency career?
If you’re a media relations professional with a well-honed skillset in writing and pitching and who has an impressive list of regional media contacts in the mid-Atlantic region (and trade media too), we want to hear from you!
Our Media Relations Manager will bring good written and verbal communications skills along with a proven history and client experience set. Responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement, and oversee PR strategies that are often part of our clients’ multi-channel marketing communications initiatives.
- Create strategic press messaging that resonates with our clients’ expectations and target audiences.
- Comfortable interviewing subject matter experts and ghostwriting bylined articles as well as editing (but not writing) technical articles.
- Oversee and execute: day-to-day media relations, editorial opportunity schedule creation and implementation, bylined article writing programs, press release development and dissemination, and reporting on key performance indicators.
- Maintain media lists with the support and collaboration of our media relations team.
- Think critically and be openly accountable by applying your critical thinking and initiative.
- Prior agency experience or prior PR experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Motivation, poise, strong people skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to articulate thoughts professionally and respectfully
- Specific industry experience in media relations for accounting, healthcare, human services, commercial real estate, non-profit, or engineering clients.
- Ability to write for social media in a way that truly engages audiences.
- Experience in influencer relations.
We offer competitive compensation for the time and talent you devote to making yourself and Vitamin even better. Our benefits include:
- Three weeks PTO to start
- Additional week PTO between Christmas/New Year’s (agency closed)
- Your birthday off (PTO)
- Summer Fridays with reduced hours
- Hybrid work from home/office schedule
- Cash Bonuses
- Full medical, dental, and vision with HSA option
- 401(k) with match
- Convenient, employer-contributed parking
- Team building events
Think we could be a good match? Let’s chat. Submit your resume, writing samples, press hit examples, and salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “Media Relations Manager: [Your Name]”.
** No phone calls, freelancers or recruiters, please. **